Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Room Divider continued


So here it is! The room divider from Heaven!
This exquisite masterpiece is custom made by Light Couture. The etched insert lights up, as you can tell, and can be a custom design of your choosing. The paint is car paint which is, therefore, very durable. Also, this divider is very safe to have around children and on any surface because it is quite heavy as a whole yet easy to move the individual links.
As I mentioned in the first post about this divider I lit this by bouncing light off the ceiling. It completely worked because the divider is very reflective (see car paint) and I wanted to get the highlights on the top edges of the divider. Of course, I had to cover myself (I am quite reflective) and did so with a black cloth hanging from the ceiling in front of me with a hole for my lens.
I had to do two exposures for each shot because the etched glass was about 1/2 as bright as my bounced lights (main light) but that was easy enough.
If you have any questions about the details of how I shot this feel free to comment and I can answer. I don't know how much people understand or know already and asking questions will help me in my further postings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home